Sweet and sticky Chantenay carrots roasted in maple syrup
Another super simple recipe to take your roasted veg game to the next level! I used Chantenay carrots and a medium maple syrup by Shady Maple Farms for this recipe and I’m pretty much never going to cook my carrots the “normal” way again. These turned out beyond delicious for the minimal effort that was required – try it out and let me know what you think!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
|Vegetable oil (for baking or frying)|
|Salt (coarse or fine)|
- Clean and prep the carrots and place into a lined baking tray.
- Drizzle vegetable oil on the carrots and add salt. Mix with your hands to make sure the carrots are coated well.
- Pour into the baking tray:
- 125 mls (or just enough to coat the carrots) of maple syrup
- Freshly boiled hot water – enough to thinly cover the base of the tray
- Cover the baking tray with foil tightly sealing the edges and place into the oven at 180-200ºc (fan-assisted) for 45 minutes
- After 45 minutes, remove the baking tray and discard the foil. Place the tray uncovered back into the oven at 200ºc for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Allow to cool and serve.
Need a main course? Check out these recipes for the perfect Sunday roast: